Accelerated Math and 8th Grade Math
Martino Jr. High
Please refer to your Google Classroom for daily assignments.
Mrs. Proff Accelerated Math 7 2021-2022
- 3-Ring Binder or Spiral Notebook for Math only
- Math Folder
- Assignment Notebook
- Loose leaf paper
- #2 Pencils
- Dry Erase Markers
· Homework is expected to be completed on time. enVision online homework assignments are due by 8:00am on the due date assigned. All worksheets are due at the beginning of the class period.
· Work for all math problems must be shown in your spiral notebook or the provided Work Page Packet to completely support each answer. The final answer should then be highlighted or circled. Math work is necessary for both online and worksheet assignments. All work should always be completed in pencil in order to receive credit.
· At least an 80% or above is earned for any online enVision assignments. If you earn lower than an 80%, you will need to redo this assignment by the due date in order to receive full credit.
· Homework assignments for the upcoming week and important dates will be communicated to the class and also posted on the classroom white board and in Google Classroom.
Late or Absent Homework Assignments:
· If an online assignment is submitted after the due date, you MUST complete a Late Slip if you want to earn credit. Your assignment is not officially turned in unless you complete this Late Slip. Mrs. Proff will have no way of knowing that you have submitted an assignment after the due date, unless you tell her by handing in a Late Slip.
· Assignments turned in after 3 days or the third late assignment are subject to late penalty of 20%.
· If you are absent, it is your responsibility to access enVision online and review the slides for that Unit/Topic we covered in class. You will also need to check the front bulletin board to see if there is an Absent Packet with your name containing any additional notes or worksheets that were handed out in your absence. For any assignments completed after the class due date, you will need to complete a Late Slip in order to receive full credit.
· All assignments must be completed by the Test Date, in order to receive credit. Credit will not be given for any homework assignment that is handed in after the test date.
· On the day of the test, all homework assignments leading up to that test will be removed from enVision. After the test is given, if you would like to review or complete any missing assignments from enVision that led up to that test, it can provided by REQUEST ONLY. Credit will not be given for any homework assignments handed in after the test date, however, you will still need to complete the assignment as a requirement for retaking a test.
Difficulties Completing the Homework:
· If you are having any difficulties with the online enVision assignments, make sure to access ALL the enVision “Help” features first. Utilize the “Question Help” on Digits by clicking “View an Example” and “Help Me Solve This”.
· If you are still having problems completing the homework assignment or unable to complete the assignment by the due date, you will need to send Mrs. Proff an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is to inform Mrs. Proff, prior to the due date, that you are having problems on the homework. Do not expect a response back via email.
· In the email, let Mrs. Proff know the following information:
o Your name and the name of the homework assignment.
o The problem or specific math problems you are having difficulties completing/solving. (If possible, send a screen shot of the math problem or issue.)
o List what steps you have already taken in trying to complete the assignment. Examples are: looking in your class notes, using the online enVision “Help” features, visiting math websites, asking another student or family member, etc.
· There should not be any surprise questions on any of the tests, if you are completing your homework and all in-class work. All problems are similar to those practiced in class and from the homework.
· HOW TO STUDY: Studying for tests is an ongoing process and begins the moment a unit/topic is started (NOT THE DAY BEFORE THE TEST). The best practices for being successful on tests are completing all the homework assignments on time, showing all work, understanding what you did correct with each problem, understanding what you did wrong with any incorrect problems, redoing problems that are not correct, and asking questions when confused.
· Students may retake any test, within one week after receiving their grade on the test, as long as all the requirements listed on the Test Retake Ticket has been met.
· Prior to each test, a practice test will be provided with a full in-class block to work on this assignment, ask questions and receive small group/individual support. Any student that does not complete the practice test prior to the original test will NOT be able to retake the test. This practice test is very similar to the actual test (the same type of questions are being asked with only the numerical value changed).
· Students will need to schedule a time to retake tests with Mrs. Proff.
· Test dates will be communicated to the class at least one week prior to the actual date and also posted in the classroom on the white board and in Google Classroom.
Quizzes and Other Graded Assignments (30%):
· This category includes all other graded in-class assignments and quizzes. Material will only be graded over content that has already been covered and practiced in class.
· Please note that graded in-class assignments and quizzes may NOT be redone/retaken.
· Quiz dates will be communicated to the class several days prior to the actual date and also posted in the classroom on the white board and in Google Classroom.
Extra Opportunities and Help:
- See Mrs. Proff during Study Hall
- Attend Homework Club (Tues./Wed. after school until 3:30)
- Revisit homework assignments to fully understand what you did correct with each problem, as well as understanding what you did wrong with any incorrect problems
- Make corrections on your practice test
- Retake tests
· Visit PowerSchool weekly to view your grade, look for missing assignments, and any unique/individual comments.
· Individual Comments: Teachers are able to include individualized comments for parents to view in PowerSchool. The comments are linked to a student’s assignment grade. Please look for these comments.
· Install the PowerSchool app on your smart device (ie. Smartphone)
**Students are responsible for filling in the assigned homework
in their Assignment Notebook each day.
Homework is always written on the board before the end of class.**
· Voicemail: 485-7593 Ext. 6362
· Email: email@example.com
7th Grade Accelerated Math: EnVision
*Topic 1- Rational Number Operations*
Lesson 1-1 Relate Integers and Their Opposites Lesson 1-2 Understand Rational Numbers
Lesson 1-3 Add Integers Lesson 1-4 Subtract Integers
Lesson 1-5 Add and Subtract Rational Numbers Mid-Topic 1 Review Mid-Topic 1 Assessment Lesson 1-6 Multiplying Integers
Lesson 1-7 Multiplying Rational Numbers Lesson 1-8 Dividing Integers
Lesson 1-9 Dividing Rational Numbers
Lesson 1-10 Solve Problems with Rational Numbers
Topic 1 Review
Topic 1 Assessment
*Topic 2- Real Numbers*
Lesson 2-1 Rational Numbers as Decimals Lesson 2-2 Understand Irrational Numbers Lesson 2-3 Compare and Order Real Numbers Lesson 2-4 Evaluate Square Roots and Cube Roots. Lesson 2-5 Solve Equations Using Square Roots and Cube Roots Mid-Topic 2 Review Mid-Topic 2 Assessment Lesson 2-6 Use Properties of Integer Exponents Lesson 2-7 More Properties of Integer Exponents Lesson 2-8 Use Powers of 10 to Estimate Quantities Lesson 2-9 Understand Scientific Notation Lesson 2-10 Operations with Numbers in Scientific Notation
Topic 2 Review Topic 2 Assessment
*Topic 3- Analyze and Use Proportional Relationships*
Lesson 3-1 Connect Ratios, Rates, and Unit Rates
Lesson 3-2 Determine Unit Rates with Ratios of Fractions
Lesson 3-3 Understand Proportional Relationships: Equivalent Ratios Lesson 3-4 Describes Proportionality Relationships: Constant of Proportionality. Mid-Topic 3 Review
Mid-Topic 3 Assessment
Lesson 3-5 Graph Proportional Relationships Lesson 3-6 Apply Proportional Reasoning to Solve Problems
Topic 3 Review Topic 3 Assessment
*Topic 4- Analyze and Solve Percent Problems*
Lesson 4-1 Analyze Percents of Numbers
Lesson 4-2 Connect Percent and Proportion
Lesson 4-3 Represent and Use the Percent Equation Mid-Topic 4 Review Mid-Topic 4 Assessment Lesson 4-4 Solve Percent Change and Percent Error Problems Lesson 4-5 Solve Markup and Markdowns Problems Lesson 4-6 Solve Simple Interest Problems
Topic 4 Review Topic 4 Assessment
*Topic 5- Generate Equivalent Expressions*
Lesson 5-1 Write and Evaluate Algebraic Expressions Lesson 5-2 Generate Equivalent Expressions Lesson 5-3 Simplify Expressions Lesson 5-4 Expand Expressions Lesson 5-5 Factor Expressions Mid-Topic 5 Review Mid-Topic 5 Assessment Lesson 5-6 Add Expressions Lesson 5-7 Subtract Expressions Lesson 5-8 Analyze Equivalent Expressions
Topic 5 Review Topic 5 Assessment
*Topic 6- Solve Problems Using Equations and Inequalities*
Lesson 6-1 Write Two-Step Equations Lesson 6-2 Solve Two-Step Equations Lesson 6-3 Solve Equations Using the Distributive Property Mid-Topic 6 Review Mid-Topic 6 Assessment Lesson 6-4 Solve Inequalities Using Addition or Subtraction Lesson 6-5 Solve Inequalities Using Multiplication or Division Lesson 6-6 Solve Two-Step Inequalities Lesson 6-7 Solve Multi-Step Inequalities
Topic 6 Review Topic 6 Assessment
*Topic 7- Analyze and Solve Linear Equations*
Lesson 7-1 Combine Like Terms to Solve Equations Lesson 7-2 Solve Equations with Variables on Both Sides
Lesson 7-3 Solve Multi-Step Equations
Lesson 7-4 Equations with No Solutions or Infinitely Many Solutions
Mid-Topic 7 Review
Mid-Topic 7 Assessment
Lesson 7-5 Compare Proportional Relationships Lesson 7-6 Connect Proportional Relationships and Slope Lesson 7-7 Analyze Linear Equations: y=mx Lesson 7-8 Understand the y-intercept of a Line Lesson 7-9 Analyze Linear Equations: y=mx+b
Topic 7 Review
Topic 7 Assessment
*Topic 8- Use Sampling to Draw Inferences About Populations*
Lesson 8-1 Populations and Samples Lesson 8-2 Draw Inferences from Data Mid-Topic 8 Review Mid-Topic 8 Assessment Lesson 8-3 Make Comparative Inferences About Populations Lesson 8-4 Make More Comparative Inferences About Populations
Topic 8 Review Topic 8 Assessment
*Topic 9- Probability*
Lesson 9-1 Understand Likelihood and Probability Lesson 9-2 Understand Theoretical Probability
Lesson 9-3 Understand Experimental Probability Lesson 9-4 Probability Models
Mid-Topic 9 Review
Mid-Topic 9 Assessment
Lesson 9-5 Determine Outcomes of Compound Events Lesson 9-6 Find Probabilities of Compound Events Lesson 9-7 Simulate Compound Events
Topic 9 Review
Topic 9 Assessment
*Topic 10- Solve Problems Involving Geometry*
Lesson 10-1 Solve Problems Involving Scale Drawings
Lesson 10-2 Draw Geometric Figures
Lesson 10-3 Draw Triangles with Given Conditions
Lesson 10-4 Solve Problems using Angle Relationships Lesson 10-5 Solve Problems Involving Circumference of a Circle
Mid-Topic 10 Review Mid-Topic 10 Assessment
Lesson 10-6 Solve Problems Involving Area of a Circle Lesson 10-7 Describe Cross Sections Lesson 10-8 Solve Problems Involving Surface Area Lesson 10-9 Solve Problems Involving Volume
Topic 10 Review Topic 10 Assessment
*Topic 11- Congruence and Similarity*
Lesson 11-1 Analyze Translations Lesson 11-2 Analyze Reflections
Lesson 11-3 Analyze Rotations Lesson 11-4 Compose Transformations
Lesson 11-5 Understand Congruent Figures
Mid-Topic 11 Review Mid-Topic 11 Assessment
Lesson 11-6 Describe Dilations Lesson 11-7 Understand Similar Figures Lesson 11-8 Angles, Lines, and Transversals Lesson 11-9 Interior and Exterior Angles of Triangles Lesson 11-10 Angle-Angle Triangle Similarity
Topic 11 Review Topic 11 Assessment
*Topic 12- Understand and Apply the Pythagorean Theorem *
Lesson 12-1 Understand the Pythagorean Theorem
Lesson 12-2 Understand the Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem Mid-Topic 12 Review
Mid-Topic 12 Assessment
Lesson 12-3 Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to Solve Problems. Lesson 12-4 Find Distance in the Coordinate Plane
Topic 12 Review
Topic 12 Assessment
*Topic 13- Solve Problems Involving Surface Area and Volume*
Lesson 13-1 Find Surface Area of Three-Dimensional Figures Lesson 13-2 Find Volume of Cylinders Mid-Topic 13 Review Mid-Topic 13 Assessment Lesson 13-3 Find Volume of Cones Lesson 13-4 Find Volume of Spheres
Topic 13 Review Topic 13 Assessment