Physical Education - Nelson Ridge
PHILOSOPHY and GOALS
“NO STUDENT LEFT STANDING”
Implement philosophy/goals of New Lenox District #122.
- Create a program that is flexible and adaptive to all students.
- Ensure that students develop healthy attitudes that eventually motivate them to establish a routine of physical activity.
- Maximize student participation – minimizing discipline problems.
- Develop cardio respiratory fitness.
- Strengthen student competence which leads to increase in confidence – encouraging students to try, enjoy, and participate in a lifetime of physical activities and sport.
- Implement interdisciplinary learning which integrates subject areas and fosters learning across the curriculum.
- Include different modalities of learning: kinesthetic, visual, oral, auditory, and written allowing students the opportunity to use their strengths, therefore, empowering students to be successful.
- Incorporate health and nutrition concepts through various activities.
- Adapt sport and recreation activities to meet unique needs of all students.
- Develop sportsmanship, teamwork skills and strategies through positive competitive situations.
- Implement differentiation allowing students of all skill levels to be successful.
Create a positive learning environment which fosters student motivation and opportunity to learn, promotes student self-responsibility and accountability.