6th Grade Math, Science,
and Social Studies - Nelson Ridge
Week of 10/25/21 - 10/29/21
** All activities and assignments are tentative and projected. **
** Friday 10/29/21 - Half Day 10:35 dismissal
*** Picture Retake Day is November 2nd! 😁
Math: We will finish up lesson 2-6 with polygons and the coordinate plane this week. We will then have our review day over sections 2-4, 2-5, and 2-6. The assessment will be on Thursday.
* Tuesday: 2-6 online hw
* Thursday: 2-4, 2-5, 2-6 Assessment
* How to study for an Envisions Assessment: -Review pages at the end of the topic binder. These pages have summaries of the lesson as well as practice problems. -Practice problems in binder. We do not usually do every problem in the lesson when we practice together in class. Students can go back to the lessons and practice with the extra problems. -Review lessons in binder. Read over the example problems and key concepts. -Review homework problems.
* I will be using the Aimsweb reports to individualize the practice in math in areas which they scored lowest on Aims.
* I will differentiate for students with homework, assessments, projects, IXL skills, and Khan Academy lessons.
Social Studies: None
Science: We will begin a lab with a model ecosystem this week with live plants and snails. Students will record data on the organisms and compare them with another model tank. We will continue with our text in Chapter 2 on Predators (section1), Interacting Populations (section 2), and Using Predators to Manage Ecosystems (section 3). We will read and highlight the text in class and answer guided reading question in our workbook. We will also work on an online lab Gizmo dealing with Food Chains.
*Monday: Section 1 workbook pg.7
* Tuesday: Section 2 workbook page.8 / Chapter 1 Assessment Redo
* Wednesday: Gizmo: Food Chains
**Looking for more practice??? Try these: - IXL (diagnostic or math practice) - Reflex math - Frax math
** 6th Grade Expectation Night Slide Show
** Ridge Fine Arts Teachers Video
** Google Classroom Help:
** Scholastic Book Order Online Code: K3RWG
- Please note that book orders can be placed online at any time and can be shipped directly to your home!