4th Grade - Nelson Ridge
*NEW: Pearson ReadyGEN Reading & Language Arts Curriculum!
- Trade Books (Focus on close reading strategies during whole group instruction/discussion. Can be accessed online via Power School log-in)
- Readers and Writers Journal (benchmark vocabulary, comprehension development, writing prompts, and conventions practice)
- Word Analysis Workbook (spelling)
- Reading Tests (include select benchmark vocabulary words, foundational skill review, and application of reading skills learned during trade book discussion)
- Performance Based Assessment (Given at the end of each unit).
- Porpoises in Peril Lessons 1-4
- Porpoises in Peril Lessons 5-7
- Mary Anning
- "Fragile Frogs"
- Skeletons Inside & Out
- "Movers & Shapers"
- "King of the Parking Lot"
- Why the Sea is Salty
- "How the Stars Fell Into the Sky"
- "Pecos Bill" & "John Henry"
- The Longest Night
- "Northwest Coast People"
- Three Native Nations
- Lunch Money
Please use online link below for Spelling City to help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "sschury" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Games & Activities