Kindergarten - Spencer Trail
Below are a variety of helpful resources your child can utilize to reinforce his/her phonics, reading and math skills.
I strongly encourage you and your family to check them out!!
~Kindergarten Sight Word Practice Resources~
The goal is to have kindergarteners master the Kindergarten Sight Word List by the end of the school year. Click each set to practice sight words. Begin with Set 1. Either write words on flash cards or print and cut. Master each set before moving to the next set. Mastery is when the student can look at each word, in any order, and say it in the time it takes to snap our fingers, free of hesitation.
~Kindergarten Curriculum Resources~
PowerSchool (Reading Curriculum--ReadyGen)
- Gain student access to the ReadyGen (our district's literacy program) reading stories
- Go to---->Navigation----->Pearson Courses---->ReadyGen
- Read stories at your child’s guided reading level.
Teacher Username: ndavis23
Password: nlsd followed by your child’s 5-digit login (ex: nlsd12345)
~Skill Builder Resources~
- stories your child can read independently as well as have read aloud to them
- Listen to stories read aloud.
You do NOT need a username or password. Just click on a story you want to listen to.