Spencer Trail Kindergarten Curriculum
Click above to view and print the list of the sight words your kindergartener needs to know.
To view the Report Card please click above.
In the kindergarten curriculum, skills will be addressed at a time that is developmentally appropriate for the kindergarten child. Large group instruction, and cooperative learning all lead to a successful kindergarten experience.
- ReadyGEN is an integrated and well-balanced approach to reading and writing instruction. Authentic texts with modeling and teacher-directed activities drive learning and motivate readers. Students read authentic literary and informational texts. Instruction focuses on reading, writing, speaking, and listening in response to authentic texts.
- Kindergarten students will develop an understanding of phonics through the utilization of the Fundations.
- Phonemic Awareness is taught using Phonemic Awareness: The Skills They Need To Help Them Succeed! By Dr. Michael Heggerty.
- Kindergarten students will develop writing skills through the use of the Fundations.
- Utilizing Everyday Mathematics students will learn number concepts including counting, graphing, numeral values & equations. Students will learn shapes, patterns and problem solving-skills.
- Students use concrete, hands-on experiences to understand science in the physical and natural world around them.
- Kindergarten students develop an awareness of communities, cultures & citizenship.
- Students will have the opportunity to explore various art forms and art from other cultures.
- Kindergarten students move freely to music and use patterns in singing and movement.
- Students will learn how to obtain information, listen to read alouds with supporting comprehension, and learn library expectations.
- Students will learn and explore factors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle including gross motor skills, balancing and movement in games.
- Classroom iPads are used to integrate and develop technology skills.